Installation of Office 2016 for Mac
Staff uncomfortable or not typically authorized to install software on a workstation should contact the psyIT Service Desk (psyIT@nyspi.columbia.edu) or regular workstation support contacts to have the software installed on your workstation.
1. Login to https://portal.office.com using your NYSPI e-mail address (in the newer Firstname.Lastname@nyspi.columbia.edu format)
2. Click the Install Office 2016 button to download and start the install.
3. Follow the prompts as you would for any software installation.
4. When the installation completes and you start one of the new Office applications, such as Microsoft Word, you may be presented with new features and customization options.
5. You will also be prompted to login in to activate the software. Again sign in with your NYSPI e-mail address and password.
6. You can now configure Outlook 2016 if desired for your NYSPI Office 365 e-mail account, as described elsewhere.