Available Rooms at the New York State Psychiatric Institute
|1601||The Hellman Auditorium||Auditorium||170||1||Built in computer & Projector|
|2001||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||2||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|3001||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||3||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|3002||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||3||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|4001||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||4||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|4002||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||4||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|5001||N/A||Conference Room||20-25||5||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|6204||Steve Papp Room||Conference Room||8-10||6||May reserve laptop & LCD or VTC|
|6205||N/A||Conference Room||10-12||6||Built in Computer, TV, Webcam|
|6601||The Boardroom||Conference Room||35||6||Built in Computer & Projector|
|6602||The Multipurpose Room||Conference Room||65||6||Built in Computer & Projector|
|1704||Psychoanalytic Center Room||Conference Room||~15||Psych Center||May reserve Laptop & LCD|
You can see what rooms are available and also reserve a room using Outlook 2016. Refer to the directions below for MacOS or Windows 10.
MacOS Outlook 2016
- View Room Schedules in MacOS Outlook 2016
1. Click the calendar icon in the bottom-left corner. 2. Click "Open Shared Calendar" on the ribbon. 3. In the search box, type "nyspi.rm" to see all of the NYSPI rooms. Select one of the rooms from the list and click "Open" 4. You may see the following Auto-discover pop-up. If so, click the check box next to "Always use my response for this server" and then click "Allow". 5. In this example, the room 1704 is now listed under the "Shared Calendars" . Repeat steps 1-4 if you would like to see additional rooms
- How to book a room on MacOS Outlook 2016
1. Click on the Calendar icon located in the bottom-left corner 2. Click the "Meetings" button located on the ribbon at the top of the window. 3. A new meeting window will pop-up. Change the desired meeting date/time. Then, click "Room Finder" on the right side of the window next to the "Location" line. 4. Type "NYSPI" in the search box. Then, click the pull-down menu and select "Meeting Rooms" from the list. You will now see all NYSPI rooms. Select the desired room and click "Check Availability" to see the existing schedule. OR If you already know the availability, click "Add to Meeting" instead and skip to step #6. 5. You can check the availability of the room next to the room number. If you want to add more rooms to see their availability, click the "+" button under the list of rooms at the bottom left. When you are ready to book an available room, click the check box adjacent the room name (on the left side of the window) and click "Appointment" to return to the email request window.
6. Confirm the booking request information. Include the name of the meeting in the subject line and click "Send" to complete the request.
7. You will receive a confirmation email for the request followed by an approval email after the DCD approves the request. Once approved, the event will show up in the room's calendar.
Windows Outlook 2016
- How to View Rooms in Windows Outlook 2016
1. Click the Calendar icon on the bottom-left corner. 2. Click "Open Calendar" on the Home ribbon and select "From Room List" in the drop-down menu. 3. Click the "Address Book" pull-down menu and select "NYSPI Rooms". Then, select the room you want to add and click the "Rooms" button. Repeat if you want to see more rooms. Click "OK" to close. 4. The schedules of two different rooms are shown in this example
- How to Book a Room with Windows Outlook 2016
Questions? Please contact the Digital Communications Department 646.774.7125 or 646.774.7206 or email DCD@Nyspi.columbia.edu