Users are highly encouraged to set up their security questions and PIN (or passphrase) by going to https://password.ny.gov/ and following these steps. Completing this form will only take a moment and will make it much more convenient to reset a password that you've forgotten.
- Type in your NYSPI email account (or the OMH account used to log onto VDI).
- If asked, check the box stating you are not a robot. You may be asked to identify some pictures.
- Click OK.
Now click “My Questions and Answer Profile” link.
- Type in your current password and click next.
- Select the 3 questions you want and provide answers.
- Fill out “Please enter a PIN or Passphrase to verify your identity when contacting the NYS Helpdesk.” PLEASE NOTE PsyIt Service desk does not have access to this PIN (or passphrase). You will use this pin to identify yourself when calling the ITSM help desk at 844 891 1786 and selecting 2 when prompted.
Click next and you should see:
- you should also get an email from Password Manager PasswordSelfService@its.ny.gov confirming that Your Questions and Answers profile was successfully updated)
- You can log off now, but while you are here why not familiarize yourself with https://password.ny.gov/?