MobileIron Enrollment Guide
This step-by-step guide will show you how to enroll your iOS devices in MobileIron and Docs@work. Please note that the screenshots were taken from iPhone 6, and your installation may look different.
Before you begin, it's strongly recommended to upgrade iOS to the latest version. To upgrade, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
If you need help, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5777.
- If you already have a NYSPI email account set up on your iOS device, go to the following location and delete the account.
- iOS11: Settings -> Accounts & Password -> NYSPI account (name may be different) -> tab Delete Account
- iOS10: Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> NYSPI account (name may be different) -> tab Delete Account
2. Go to App Store and download the following free apps to install on your iOS devices
|3. Open MobileIron Mobile@work. Tab "Allow" button to continue|
|4. Type your full NYSPI email address, and select "Next" on the keyboard. Type the following server address, and select "Next" keyboard: 'mda.its.ny.gov' Now, type your NYSPI account password, and select either the "Go" button on the keyboard or "Register" button at the top.||
|5. Read the privacy notice, and Select"Continue"|
|6. Select "Allow"|
|7. Select "OK"|
|8. Select "Allow"|
|9. Select "Install" button, and enter your iPhone passcode to unlock when prompted.||
|10. Select "Install"|
|11.Read the warning, then select "Install"|
|12. Select "Trust"|
|13. Select "Done" in the top-right corner to complete the installation|
|14. Once MobileIron enrollment is complete, a new account named "Office 365" will be created automatically to access your NYSPI email, calendar and contacts. If you are prompted, enter your NYSPI account password, and select "OK".|
15. If you want to change the name of the account (ex. NYSPI), do the following:
iOS11: Settings -> Accounts & Passwords -> Office 365 -> Account ->Description
iOS10: Settings > Mail > Accounts > Office 365 > Account > Description
16. With MobileIron enrolled, attachments in email messages will be opened via the Docs@work app (installed in step 2 above)
To open an attachment, select the attachment icon in a message as shown to the right.
|17. Select "Copy to Docs@work"|
|18. The Docs@Work will open. Select "Allow" if prompted to receive notifications|
|19. To go back to the email, simply select "Mail" located at the top left corner.|