Outlook Profile Configuration for Mac
Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac uses profiles to manage your accounts within Outlook.
If you use Outlook 2016 for Mac in more than one capacity, such as for your personal life and for work, you can set up Outlook to handle these different capacities by using profiles. A profile is associated with and stores a set of email messages, contacts, tasks, calendars, account settings, Scrapbook clips, and more.
Note: In Outlook 2011 for Mac, profiles were called identities.
The Outlook Profile Manager (previously called the Microsoft Database Utility) is installed as part of your Office installation, and it allows you to create new profiles or edit profiles, and set your default profile. When you open Outlook, it always uses the default profile.
Important: If more than one person uses the same computer, Outlook profiles don't offer as much privacy as separate user accounts in the Mac OS. Outlook profiles don't offer password protection, and Spotlight searches from the Finder will locate Outlook items from all the profiles in the current user account.
You have three options on configuring your Outlook profile:
First time user of Outlook (no existing profile)
Launch Outlook to start the account creation wizard. Click the Exchange or Office 365 account
option. Proceed to step 2.
Add your account to an existing profile
Launch Outlook 2016 for Mac.
1. Go to "Tools" menu and click the Accounts selection.
2. Select Exchange... from the + menu selection located at the bottom left corner of the
3. Complete the steps to add your new account, as described elsewhere, such as
Create a new profile
Applies To: Office for business Office 365 Small Business Outlook 2016 for Mac Office 2016 for Mac
1. Make sure Outlook is not running.
2. From Finder, open the Applications folder.
3. Ctrl+click or right-click Microsoft Outlook, and then click Show Package Contents.
4. Open Contents > SharedSupport, and then double-click Outlook Profile Manager.
5. Do one of the following:
|Create a new profile||Click the Create a new profile button , and then type a name for the new profile.|
|Rename a profile||Double-click the profile, and then type a new name for the profile.|
|Change the default profile||Click the profile that you want, click Set the default profile , and then click Set as Default. Restart Outlook for this change to take effect.|
6. Complete the steps to add your new account, as described elsewhere, such as http://psyit.nyspi.org/email/.